Do you believe Hell is empty? Why/Why not?

• Yes
  • No
0 voters

The Pope is nutty to say what he did.

2 Likes

I believe that, unfortunately, too many souls are damned. Scripture says:

Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the road broad that leads to destruction, and those who enter through it are many.

How narrow the gate and constricted the road that leads to life. And those who find it are few.

Matthew 7: 13 - 14

Private revelation to the children at Fatima showed hell with " a sea of fire. Plunged in this fire were demons and souls in human form,

5 Likes

Well we know for sure that Cain is in Hell because the Bible says so.

2 Likes

One of our Priests used to tell us that “most of the people in hell never thought they’d end up there”.

Good reading: https://fewnessofthesaved.com

1 Like

An empty Hell is a condemned heresy of Origen. Francis has praised Origen in the past.
Origen - Biblical Exegesis, Apologetics, Theology | Britannica
Universalism and Hell - Where Peter Is

1 Like

Just one more example of us needing to ignore/resist what the current occupant of the Chair of Peter has to say.

2 Likes

Of course not. The pope prefaced that this was his belief and not dogma. Again…confusing everyone. The pope said he hopes hell is empty and that isn’t reality. I’ll have to find the exact quote.

What’s just as bad is when individuals joke about going to Hell, as if there is no hope for them, so why try. I don’t know if this is because atheists do not believe in Hell, so it is a joke to them or, because they assume if there is a loving God, He would never have created Hell in the first place. This is why we need a Pope who speaks the truth and not the fluff. God does not send us to Hell. We choose Hell or we choose the Cross.

1 Like

It breaks my heart when I hear someone say things like that. Good trigger for prayer for them.

2 Likes

Of course there is hope. We have the Sacrament of Confession. Not a Catholic? Go see about becoming one. Come into the Church! :dove::fire::pray:

I like the 100% no :slight_smile: How can I believe that hell is empty when in my personal experience I see things crawling out of it constantly? I suppose one might argue that my head is what isn’t empty, but I see what I see. Specifically, what I see is people walking around and taking actions that serve a designed purpose which they themselves are unaware of. By watching what people do, you can see the orchestration taking place and while at first one wants to grasp at explanations like “brainwashing,” adequate analysis forces me to conclude that these people don’t know what they are doing, and no human institution could possibly be organized and knowledgeable enough to be responsible for the clearly visible orchestration.

The problem is, few (esp Protestants) put much credence in Fatima. They should but you know how it goes. A lot of Protestants dismiss outright anything that “exalts” Mary. What they forget is that Mary was conceived w/o original sin, which means she was as we were supposed to have been and remained but didn’t. So she … you could say that she is our goal (?) or something like that… our ideal. Yes, that would seem to imply that Jesus is not (?), at least to those who don’t understand Catholicism, but in any case, Mary has her particular role in soteriology…

Did the “pope” really say that Hell is empty? I seem to vaguely recall he did. Well, I may get banned if I say what I really think about all that… (not sure I’m ready to leave yet…) LOL

I would like you to give an example, although what comes to mind reading your words is: gay pride parades… drag queens reading to our children (!), the protests that were oddly called “mostly peaceful” by a reporter in front of a building on fire… pro life people being persecuted egregiously by the govt.

It is hard to get banned from this forum (I’m one of the mods : )

As long as you are disagreeing respectfully and not posting obscene images (something we have unfortunately had to deal with), you are good.

Not all of us here are super-fans of Pope Francis, but we should try to be respectful, while also Praying that Christ may right the wrongs of our shepherds.

Francis says we aren’t supposed to tell people that! Jesus said to spread the gospel to everyone. I think I’m going to go with Jesus on this one. . esp since he also said that those who do not believe are already condemned.