Do not make Idols of Politicians!

Anyone who knows me knows that I admire Ron Paul for speaking truth, when it is unpopular to do so. But, he is not God. He was right about many things (warning about inflation, and what leads to future wars), but he is not a Prophet.

Barack Obama ran on “Hope & Change” and many treated him like their Savior, but we have a Savior, Jesus, who is truly Hope and brings forth conversion.

We let politicians shut down our Churches during a time of fear, when we needed God most! (Isaiah 41:10; Psalm 23:4; 46:1-3; 91:1-2; John 14:27) We gave to Caesar what belongs to God (Mark 12:17). We served two masters (Matthew 6:24).

I caution anyone who gets involved in politics to not make their politics their religion. Why are Churches dividing and splintering today? Historically this happened because of disagreements about theology, but today, most of the divisions are right down Party lines. Too many Christians have made idols of their politics.

We often point out the sinful behavior of the faction(s) we disagree with, while overlooking the immoral behavior of those in our own faction(s). Why do we justify certain behaviors; because the other side did it first? We should expect better of those we agree with (Proverbs 27:17).

This election season, do not let politics divide us, but rather love and Pray for your political opponents (Matthew 5:44).

And remember that Christ is truly King (and not some political slogan). And there is, but one God we serve (Exodus 20:3-6; Jeremiah 14:22).

1 Like

This is so totally true.