Would you read the Bible if it was illegal?

• Yes
  • No
  • I don’t know
  • Depends
0 voters

This question was inspired by this TaraBull on Twitter.

Yes. Honestly, I would probably read my Bible even more than I already do if it was illegal. There is something attractive about reading a banned book. My concupiscence is showing ; )

Yes, I would keep reading the Bible.

1 Like

The Catechism asserts in its own words the Church’s yes and no to the state in sections 1897-1904 and again in 2234 to 2243. It explains that we are “resident aliens.” Our citizenship is in heaven, and only there is our ultimate loyalty. Hence, if that loyalty conflicts with our loyalty to civic authority, loyalty to God must prevail.

-Fr. Frank Pavone

3 Likes

I answered yes because I’m a follower of Jesus. The Bible is our basic instruction book on what being a disciple of Jesus means.

1 Like

St. Jerome, a doctor of the Church and Biblical Scholar from the fourth century, insisted, “Ignorance of Scripture is ignorance of Christ” and, as you have pointed out, Sacred Scripture teaches us what it means to be a follower of Jesus.

1 Like

Love Fr. Frank Pavone. What a hero fighting the evil of abortion even after being deserted and persecuted by errant bishops.

1 Like