Did/are you subscribe(d) to "The Bible in a Year" Podcast with Fr. Mike Scmitz?

I am. Though I have not listened to every single episode, I do enjoy it when I do listen. He also does the “Catechism in a Year” Podcast.

So many celebrity Priests have fallen in the past (“Black Sheep Dog” comes to mine). Venerable Fulton Sheen, Pry for Fr. Scmitz, may God keep Fr. Mike from becoming prideful and help him remain faithful to his calling. Amen ♱

3 Likes

No, I simply do not have the time.

I am in both Bible/Catechism and loving it. I also run a group to help those who may need extra help. I once was in teh Pillars Class in MN From the Catechetical Institute. Happy to say I did 2 years and happy I have done it. I am not the same without the Catechism .

1 Like

I am currently on Day 76 of Catechism in a Year and am completely loving it. Father Mike Schmitz, the podcast moderator, is a joyous and knowledgeable priest who brings exciting life to the Catechism that would be missed from reading it by myself. Every day there are vital tenets of our faith that are illuminated by Father Mike’s recitations and explanations. The Catechism in a Year is a valuable tool in understanding our Catholic faith on a much deeper level. I feel blessed by finding Ascension’s Catechism in a Year, and I look forward to their Bible in a Year series narrated by Father Mike when I complete the Catechism in a Year. I encourage anyone who wants to experience a deep understanding of our faith to look into the Catechism in a Year podcast. You won’t regret it.

2 Likes

Yes I am doing Father Schmitz’s Bible in a year, his Catechism in a year, and listening to Mother Miriam read through and discuss the Catechism Explained. All are amazing. I do my best to make time for one or all of these every day and the time investment is soooo worth while.

2 Likes

I’ve been listening to the “Catechism in A Year” these past few days on my drive to work. I don’t listen to all of them, but if I see a topic that interests me, I’ll throw it into the line-up. Fr. Mike Scmitz is a modern-day Fulton Sheen.

Fr. Mike is awesome! I recently came across his work, and I’m really looking forward to digging in to what he has to say.

By the way, what Bible do you read? I’ve got The Didache Bible, it’s great in conjunction with the Catechism.

Funny you should mention this. I’ve been going through my wish list and bumped this Bible up on my list. It looks great!

Here are the Bible translations that I mostly read from.

1 Like

Thanks so much for sharing that. The New American Bible Revised Edition looks great too!