Have you ever heard God's voice?

Has God ever spoken to your heart or have you ever audibly heard His voice? (It is okay if you have not. I have never heard God’s voice, but He has guided me by way of experiences, reading of Scripture, and the inspiration of others).

I don’t think I’ve ever fully heard the true voice of God. I’ve definitely felt his presence. I can confidently say though that I hear the voices of myself, my guardian angel, and the devil/demons/whatever.

The teaching of there being 4 voices in your head (you, God, your guardian angel, and the devil) is very interesting to me and I pick apart my thoughts and desires throughout the day to try and find their origin. I might just sound crazy to some people.

I have found myself in many many situations where I need to make a decision and I know for sure my guardian angel has steered me into doing what’s right.

All I know is that God hears me, and that’s what matters.

Of course, the Lord Himself promised “my sheep hear my voice. I know them and they follow me.”(Jn 10, 27-28)

Every Christian ought to still himself to hear his voice within his heart. Try to listen to Him after Communion. Frequently, He speaks to me then.

One time, I heard His voice audibly commanding me to go the chapel, which I finally did—only to discover a fellow seminarian distraught over the death of his aunt.

2 Likes

Yes. I was thinking about returning to the Church of my childhood for a couple days. One Saturday morning I woke suddenly hearing “call a priest!”
I did. Went to see him in an hour, I made Confession and that evening returned to Mass.
I will never forget waking that morning!

4 Likes

Praise God! He truly is the “Hound of Heaven” Who never forgets even one of His precious children. He loves you so much!

3 Likes

Most days, after mass!

1 Like