Controlling people

Has anyone had controlling people in a parish where the priest gravitates towards them and won’t correct them with the truth?

1 Like

A pastor’s job is not the easiest,not anymore…

2 Likes

I have not experienced this in Church (or maybe I have never noticed it), but I have noticed it in other organizations. It is tough. Often times these individuals do a lot for the organization, but also prevent others who might be more timid or humble from wanting to participate.

2 Likes

I experienced controlling when I first returned to the Church in 2013. It was very difficult. So I started going to another Holy Reverant Church

1 Like

I’ve had the opposite experience with our musical director who was very demanding and disregarded others with the intention of doing what she wanted. One day she had a bigger meltdown than usual and quit. They quickly replaced her and then she tried to get back into the ministry but they only let her take part in the choir with her replacement leading.

1 Like

Awkward :joy:

I think this job would be a bit stressful. Trying to please everyone’s taste or idea of what good liturgical music is, there would be some pressure for sure.

This is why I prefer a TLM Low Mass. Can’t argue about music if there isn’t any.

2 Likes

You are so right about that one.