Anti-christ? Can it be Trump?

Has it occured to anyone else here that Trump may be the antichrist. For anyone who is familiar with the christian description and characteristics of the antichrist Trump would seem to conform perfectly.

Yes, it has. Here is a poll that I posted back in April : )

He wrote his administration into the front of the Bible and so I doubt it very much. They hold prayer meetings at the start to the day. Sounds as if he’s very much a Christian. He was also extremely respectful towards the faith of the Church when he visited the Vatican with his wife and to such a point that his exemplary behaviour reflects what I would consider to be Catholic.

And they probably close the Prayer with, “In the name of Israel” ; )

I’m only half-joking. Evangelical Christianity has become about serving the State of Israel. They are Dispensationalists and they confuse “Israel” of the Bible with the State formed in 1948.

The MAGA Bible has more to do with President Trump’s ego or wallet than it does about his being a Christian. He’d sell Trump Holy Water if he could. And Jesus would be forming a whip out of cords.

1 Like

The antichrist is characterized by “lawlessness,deception and a desire to be worshipped in place of God”. Pretending to hold the Bible in high esteem is deception. Lawlessness is attempting to overthrow a democratic election result. A desire to be worshipped is, perhaps, the defining characteristic which we have all witnessed in Trump.

1 Like

I agree.

Most of the Early Church Fathers, however, believed that the Anti-Christ would be Jewish and would be well-liked. I don’t believe President Trump is either, though his daughter, Ivanka, did convert to Judaism in 2009. Maybe she will become the anti-Christ ; )

1 Like

Those of the Jewish religion don’t tend to be lawless, but the opposite - overly zealous, if anything. I would hazard a guess and reckon on a businessman with political ties. Not Islamic, either, because I think I recall the Book of Revelation mentioning people being swayed by him, whereas, running contrary to that, as said in another post, the only people swayed by Islam are Muslims. That said, I don’t see the connection with Trump and family to any subject which is anti-Christian. If Trump hated Christianity and was militantly pro-choice then that would at least be a start, while in actuality such jibes are mere blathering. I am guessing the anti-Christ will in fact either be Italian or English, or simply an individual from a socialist country.

Maybe instead of throwing punches at your own president, you could begin with researching the WEF and too the Freemasons.

We are the antichrist. Trump is simply the agent of supply. As we sew, so shall we reap. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It is not simply a good sentiment; it is a warning. The 10 commandments are there. The history as depicted in the Bible tells how when the people are moral and keep God’s commandments, there is all good fortune for the state. And when they break the commandments, the whole state structure fractures and everything goes wrong. So in this sense, Trump is simply the agent of supply. When the world is pious, God creates peace and harmony. And when the world is impious, there are floods, draughts, hurricanes, forest fires, volcanos, earthquakes and Trumps. Trump is the sum total of all bad fortune on the country and on the planet. He is simply the agent of supply, and we are receiving what we deserve. Wither one believes that God is in control, or one doesn’t believe like that. If one believes, then they see Trump as God’s wake-up call to all of us. This is my conviction.

I don;t think Trump has asked anybody to worship him or created a false peace.

2 Likes

I think we aren’t in a position to accuse and judge anybody as the Antichrist. However, Trump is someone whom anyone can really defend. He is pretty bad, but I think it is important to notice that he isn’t the only bad person in the world. He is very influential, which is why we can notice what he does, but I bet there are a lot of people who are just as bad, and maybe even worse, out there. We can’t do anything about it apart from keeping our faith, reviewing our values, and praying for this world, which has become the home of thousands of bad people, including Trump.

The orange felon is not that . He is however the opposite of Jesus. He is guiding American down a path to the damnation of many American’s souls. As in Germany in the 30’s and 40’s this is a collective damnation

2 Likes

So you are calling President Trump “Hitler” and anyone who likes him “Nazis”? How original ; )

Do you think Hitler was as funny as President Trump?

Not really given the orange felon that much “ credit”.

I do care that this administration is on a similar path of sin.

I am very concerned about the salvation of our souls.

There is a point in the sin spectrum between salvation and damnation.

Einstein said “if I remain silent I am guilty of complicity “

The murders in the “ narcoterrorist “ .

The starvation by the cuts in aide

The weapons that kill are against the teachings of Jesus

At some point there is guilt of these sins to share .

No I am not. I am anti-War except in self-defense. I am a Ron Paul Libertarian. I invite you to go back and watch his speeches about America’s involvement in war.

Also, go read Harry Browne’s letter titled, “When Will We Learn?” It was published September 12, 2001!

We are living in the end times. This is the teaching of the Church. I think the difference between you and me, however, is that I put my energy on the things that I have control over. Filling my oil lamp to play on the parable that Jesus told about being prepared.

I do not waste my time looking for signs and so-called modern prophesies. I focus on Christ and my relationship with Him and with those I love.

I do not live in fear, but rather put my trust in the Lord my God.

Our President isn’t funny, just pathetic.

1 Like

Not that I like modern-day Jesuits (as a whole), while to point out that St. Ignatius of Loyola said when asked that he would carry on sweeping the floor if he knew the world was about to end.

You could do with referencing the comment where concerned with humanity being in the End Times.

In entirety, he was saying that what is expected of him is to carry out the duties that has been assigned him as this is what is expected of him, even the most trivial seeming duties important in relation to God with himself only a mere creature before God’s immensity. What he wasn’t asked, is if there was a big giant red button on the wall of his priory with, ‘Push this button to put a stop to the end of the world’ carved into it, he would ignore the button and carry on sweeping the floor, the answer of which kind of goes without saying and which if it had been posed within that framework would somehow have done away with completely the profound sense in his answer. There may be another side to the meaning behind his answer, as well, of course, which is that undertaking the most trivial seeming duties could have the most intercessory effects as God knows the human heart and it is what is in our hearts when we undertake those most seemingly trivial duties which God looks at and so making that big giant glaring red button on the wall of his priory a reality. He also probably had something called ‘a sense of humour’ and which tripled the meaning to the practical situation, this being that he couldn’t stop the end of the world and so may as well as carry on sweeping the floor. So, you were almost there in your explanation. I think you were trying to over-explain and like stormy weather were embellishing a wee bit heavily by the end of your post.

I was teasing you with my post, a bit. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: We were more or less saying the same thing regarding the comment by St. Ignatius Loyola.

The last half of your post is interesting. I have meant to re-read The Book of Revelation. All I was saying in my post previous to our dialogue is that referencing comments (Scripture and Catechism) can add interest and points of debate and not that I disagree necessarily with the comment I was responding to. But sure, if you have further details to add inclusive of punishments then by all means describe them and yet, no, however, I can’t add content to that particular aspect of the subject without reading further on it.

1 Like

I feel your stress and anxiety. Please consider the freedom of the Lillies of the field.

Proverbs 3:5–6: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.