Would you personally invite three faithful Catholics to join this Forum?

• Yes, I have three people in mind
  • Yes, if I can think of anyone
  • No, I don’t know anyone
  • Maybe
0 voters

I have a lot of Catholic friends but I am not Catholic. I am a follower of Christ in our local Bible Church. Being baptized as a teenager into the Lords church in a Protestant church I have always had faith.
As a lot of young folk do, I was away for a period of time but the seed was planted at the early age and I returned to serve the Lord
I have read a lot on the Catholic church since it is the obvious beginning of the church. I have attended services in the Catholic Church several times. I am curious about the way Catholics serve the Lord.

1 Like

Welcome! Thank you for sharing your faith journey.

That is great that you are able to be friends with other Christians outside of your circle of belief. I have friends from all sorts of faith backgrounds and I love learning about what each of us believes and why we believe it!

Catholic Christians serve the Lord in all sorts of ways. At the end of every Sacred Liturgy (Holy Mass), the Priest blesses the faithful and says one of the following:

• “Go and announce the Gospel of the Lord.”
  • “Go in peace, glorifying the Lord by your life.”
  • “Go forth, the Mass is ended.” (Or when I was in LifeTeen), “The Mass never ends, it must be lived!”

And our response is, “Thanks be to God!”

For without Jesus, we can do nothing worthy of His name! We are all called to be saints.

And as we heard in the Second Reading this past Sunday, we are all blessed with different spiritual gifts that can bear good fruit (1 Corinthians 12:3-13; John 15:4).

The part of St. Paul’s letter to the Corinthians that speaks to this:

There are different kinds of spiritual gifts but the same Spirit; there are different forms of service but the same Lord; there are different workings but the same God who produces all of them in everyone. To each individual the manifestation of the Spirit is given for some benefit.

How are Catholics called to serve you ask?

• Some are called to Apostolic religious life (to be Priests or to take a vow of chastity, poverty & obedience within a particular community like friars or nuns)
  • Some are called to the vocation of being a Husband/Wife and raising Children in the Christian Faith (what is sometimes called the domestic church)
  • Some Teach (Bible Study, Sunday School, and Youth Group)
  • Some are called to start an Apostolate (a charity for the purpose of bringing the love of Christ to others)
  • Others share in the gift of creating Beauty (artists who paint, create music, and author books that glorify our loving Creator, God).
  • We are all called to observe Matthew 25:35-36 (feed the hungry, clothe the nÄ…ked, care for the sick, and visit those in prison or lonely)

These are just some of the ways that Catholic Christians are invited by the Holy Spirit to serve the Lord, our God.

Again, welcome and feel free to post any other follow-up questions you may have and to continue to share your faith journey : )

I just thought of other ways that I personally serve the Lord and the community. I am a member of the Knights of Columbus and, a couple Sundays ago, we organized a very successful diaper drive for our local pregnancy center at all three of the Catholic Churches in our City.

At our monthly business meetings, we choose one local charity to donate funds to.

We also support other chapters when their community experience calamity.

These types of fraternal organizations are also great ways to serve Christ, His Church, and those outside the church. I would encourage young Catholic Men to consider joining the knights of Columbus.

There are other societies that Catholic Women can also join, but I am less familiar with them, so if any of the ladies would like to chime in, feel free : )