Welcome to CatholicTalk!

This forum is for Catholics to discuss topics related to faith, current events, Catholic living and more. We welcome open-ended questions, personal anecdotes and social commentary on various events in the world.

Feel free to submit a question and start the conversation!

2 Likes

I hear of some Catholics leaving the faith because so-called Catholics in position of power are not leading Catholic lives ( entertainment , sports, politics)…….WRONG!! Live your own life and worry about what the next one is doing……Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater…….remember…don’t judge Christ by “Christians”………GJC

5 Likes

too many people in church that are not Catholic…

1 Like

I am a newbie just today. Don’t really know what to make of this comment. Steers me to the question: Gee, I wonder how many Catholics have firmly and confidently held onto the faith as we received it through catechism and instruction vs. creating our own private world of Catholicism?

4 Likes

I wonder that too, Sandra……are all these people truly Catholic? ………GJC

1 Like

There are too many ignorant Catholics who are just like many of our Protestant brothers. They want to hear that they are doing OK and nothing is wrong and unfortunately they are not hearing truths from the pulpit. However, regardless of how rotten priests may be, or bishops or even the Pope, Jesus said He would be with HIS CHURCH till the end of times. Study the history of the Church and you will find many rotten Popes; however, they were unable to change or make doctrines that ran contrary to Magisterial teachings. And besides, none of the Protestant Churches have the Eucharist, the core of our Catholic Faith. As long as the priest says the correct words during consecration, it becomes a valid Mass. Stand firm and do not despair; God is in control.

10 Likes

I totally agree with you.

1 Like

Thank You and I am very happy to be part of it. I see there are conversations here and hope we can all see that we may all have opinions, and still growing in understanding in the our faith. No harm done just much learning as we go.

1 Like

I think too often we see how others are sinning in the church, but are blind to how you and I contribute to the sins of the church (Matthew 7:3-5).

This does not mean that we remain silent when Bishops teach things that are contrary to truth. Pray for the Church. Pray for your Priest, Bishop, and for our current Pontiff. And Pray for one another.

What brought me back to the Sacrament of Confession was the McCarrick Scandal. I was angry and disappointed by our supposed leaders in the Church, while also sad for his victims, who might have gone on to prey on the innocence of others, had the scandal not been brought to the light.

I could have remained bitter, but by God’s grace, I began to ask myself, how am I contributing to the sins of the church? What things have I done to scandalize others? I knew then in my heart that it was time to bring these things (along with my anger) to our Lord in the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

It has been a while since I’ve been back to the Sacrament of Penance and I think it is time again. Jesus is the solution to all the bad in the church and the answer to the problem of evil that is a stumbling block to many. Let us see our own wickedness and ask our Lord to forgive us and follow Him joyfully, loving others, as He loves us. Forgiving others, as Christ has forgiven you.

1 Like

HI, Can I suggest a new category: Pregnancy and Childbirth and Postpartum - would you be able to add that one in here? I just joined and I plan to tell all my friends about this new platform. I am so tired of Fakebook!

1 Like

This sounds like a great idea. I hope the admins consider your recommendation : )

Let them come. As Pope Francis has said many times. Wilden the tent. And as Pope John XXIII said
Open the windows and doors so that the Holy Spirit
Can come in.Come, come everyone.

1 Like

What are some thoughts on the synod?

First, welcome to the forum : ) The synod is a touchy subject. I am not a fan of this synodal way as it is being referred. I do not believe that the spirit of the synodal way is the Holy Spirit. I do however believe that good can come of it. God can inspire good to come in the midst of bad times in the life of the Church and in our own lives. These are my current thoughts : )

The latest on the synod is to disregarding apostolic traditions. Change the church ! No tradition is what we are too far from. Jesus makes it clear and so does the Bible

1 Like