Had 9/11 not have happened, I might not have ever experience my reversion back to my Catholic Christian Faith. My Boss asked anyone who wanted to, to come out into our parking lot to Pray for our Country that morning after watching the planes fly into the towers! Some co-workers saw me make the sign of the cross and they verbally attacked me when we got back inside. “Why do Catholic Worship Mary?!” one spewed. “Why do you worship statues?!” the other quipped. I was trying to tell them that I was no longer Catholic, but they just kept interrupting, “Why do you not believe in the Bible?!” And on and on until they finally ran out of dribble. I explained to them that I was no longer Catholic, but that I did not think what they were saying sounded accurate.
I discovered Catholic Answer Live while skimming the channels trying to find out what was going on in our country, during my lunch break a few days after. And they were answering many of these questions that my co-workers had slung at me earlier in that week.
So, who’s God was moving on 9/11? I believe God was working in my life that week!
9/11 was a simple criminal act . There was and should be zero religious implication. The fact that this criminal act has been turned into a religious bigotry makes Jesus cry. The Christian community needs to stop adding to the bigotry and hate and remind everyone Al. Quida has nothing to do with the Islamic religion. The militia movement of the 90’s that lead to the Oklahoma City bombing had parts of their propaganda that was “ Christian “ based but the world did not blame Christianity for that crime ).
1 Like
Oh I’m sorry if you thought I was blaming your God. I wasn’t…that wasn’t my intent anyways, but I could see how one could think that that’s what I was doing.
No, that is not what he is saying. You’re simply making that up or repeating christian nonsense. And I know far more than you about the context and meanings of the O.T.
For April Fool’s Day, we should rename this forum “DavidHarper Knows Everything” 
1 Like
Not everything. Just more than you.
1 Like
No it doesn’t depend on any narrative. It depends on objective fact. The fact of what happened on 9/11. You are capable of percieving objective fact, aren’t you?
What Moses says, he says. I don’t understand the argument. Purity is a massive deal and it is only liberal society which sees giving oneself away as trivial matter. It’s possible that the Jews were so dead against licentious behaviour that they would have stoned a woman in a state of adultery, as we see in the NT when Christ rebukes with the words which have become one of the most well-known phrases throughout the world to do with casting the first stone. So, yes, Moses would have separated those in a state of virginity from those who have behaved in a manner otherwise suitable for what they would have considered religious observance.
“…repeating Christian nonsense”. Put simply, that’s not a comment I am interested in.