Any Catholic gamers here?

There are a few Catholic gaming groups out there but most of them are very inactive and usually only play single player Nintendo games. I was wondering if there were any laypeople here who enjoyed a broader range of videogames and would like to play.

As with any form of media, going back all the way to early art and literature, discernment is key. What is happening in the game and the context of why it is happening puts a strong emphasis on whether or not you should be taking part in it. Is Spider-Man throwing a bank robber across New York City as bad as a Call of Duty operator eliminating a terrorist so they can defuse an armed bomb?

Speaking of CoD, I am enjoying MW3 a lot. It takes me back to 2008 when the original MW2 was an escape from the financial stress my family was under during the great recession.

If anyone is on Xbox, feel free to add me, Gamertag SheriffScar. I’d like to play with others who enjoy more adult centric games rather than playing nothing but Pokemon (no offense)

Though we have an original NES, Gameboy, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Sony PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube, Sega Dreamcast, and Sony PlayStation 4, we are more of a Tabletop (Board) Gaming Family.

We do not play Video Games online, so I won’t be able to participate.

But I can share my Top 5 Video Games of all time:

1. Shenmue (Dreamcast)
  2. Cobra Triangle (NES)
  3. Resident Evil 2 (PlayStation)
  4. Maniac Mansion (NES)
  5. General Chaos (Genesis)
1 Like

I basically only play MLB the Show by myself and Mario Kart with my younger kids.

1 Like